Porsche 911 AC Compressor Upgrade Kit, 1977-83, #3B
Our Kuehl Porsche 911 AC Compressor Upgrade Kit, 1977-83, #3B offers you the widest choice of necessary details to get your air conditioning system up and running. Our Porsche 911 AC Compressor Upgrade Kit, 1977-1983, #3B, is suggested where budget is your prime concern. We also offer more comprehensive kits you can read about below, under “You may also like…”.
The Porsche 911 AC Compressor Upgrade Kit, 1977-83, #3B kit offers many benefits over the original York or Tecumseh compressor found on the early Porsche 911. Our Kuehl 507 Porsche 911 air conditioning compressor uses a “wobble-plate” to move five smaller pistons, as compared to the Porsche 911 York air conditioning compressor that uses a crankshaft to move two large pistons. Our Kuehl 507 Porsche 911 air conditioning compressor’s wobble-plate design requires less horse power to turn and runs smoother than the old Porsche 911 York compressor, and is a better match for the condenser area. Our Kuehl 507 Porsche 911 air conditioning compressor kit uses less engine compartment space making engine maintenance easier (spark plug or oil filter R&R).
Our Kuehl 507 Porsche 911 compressor comes with our Kuehl Kwick light weight steel mounting adapter bracket which bolts directly to the original York base. The Kuehl Kwick light weight steel adapter bracket has been CAD designed to reduce weight but not sacrifice strength where it is needed. Compared to cheap cast aluminum brackets offered by knock-off competitors, the Kuehl bracket will save you lots of time during installation and you’ll avoid the knuckle scraping during belt alignment as experienced with cheap kits.
Fits these “narrow body” Applications
- LH drive models
- Porsche 911 non-turbo, 1977-1983 *with front condensers*
- *Cars from 1977 onward with factory air typically have front condensers, however they can be found on earlier year vehicles.
- Drier located in LH front fender
Kit # 3B Includes
- New compressor with clutch, compatible with R134a and R12
- Ester refrigerant oil, compatible with R134a or R12
- R134a charge port adapters.
- Kuehl Kwick mounting bracket & hardware
- New compressor to rear deck lid condenser barrier hose line assembly with SAE approved crimped fittings and our high-low pressure switch feature. The condenser side fitting of the hose assembly will be flare.
- New compressor to evaporator barrier line assembly with SAE approved crimped fittings. The evaporator side fitting of the hose assembly will be flare.
- New rear deck lid condenser to front condenser barrier line assembly with SAE approved crimped fittings. Both condenser side fittings of the hose assembly will be flare.
- New front condenser to drier barrier line assembly with SAE approved crimped fittings. The condenser side fitting of the hose assembly will be flare.
- New receiver drier to expansion valve barrier line assembly with SAE approved crimped fittings. The expanion valve inlet side fitting of the hose assembly will be flare.
- New Receiver Drier, Porsche configuration.
- Detailed installation instructions
- 1 Year Limited Warranty on Compressor, 3 Year Limited Warranty on Hose Lines
Note – before you order:
This kit is for cars originally having factory type a/c, having:
- A) a Behr brand evaporator box, where the compressor to evaporator hose is routed from engine compartment, under the RH side belly pan, under the steering rack and up into the smuggler’s box area (evaporator well), and the hose is connected to the evaporator’s outlet pipe which points towards the LH side front fender perse, as opposed to some other brand ac systems where the evaporator’s outlet hose was routed through the RH side front fender well. If you have any doubt of the hose routing please call us or send an email to discuss the hose arrangement before ordering, we can customize any hose you require easily prior to shipment however not so easily after shipment.
- B) York type compressor base plates supported on the rear engine mount and head, as opposed to some earlier aftermarket compressor base plates that were supported on the cam chain cover studs. The preferred compressor base plate arrangement is supported on the rear engine mount. If you have any doubt of the mount type please call us or send an email to discuss this before ordering. We have new factory type compressor base mounts in stock.
- C) The front condenser was more commonly found on cars with factory air starting around 1975, however verify if you car has a front condenser arrangement. If you have any doubt as to whether you do or don’t have a front condenser please call us or send an email to discuss the hose arrangement before ordering. We can customize any hose set you require easily prior to shipment however not so easily after shipment.
- D) Verify that your condenser, evaporator and expansion valve side fittings are “flare” type.
- E) When you place your order please note in the drop down box the current type of refrigerant oil in your system. We provide in the shipment either Ester or PAG. Mineral oil was used with original R12 refrigerant. Ester can be used with either R12 or R134a refrigerants. PAG can only be used with R134a refrigerant. If you are unsure as to what refrigerant oil you presently have please contact us and we will assist you.